Ultralight weight is critical for thru-hikers and long-distance backpackers, and at .41 kg (14 oz), this shelter meets that requirement and others: excellent ventilation, good protection, and enough livable space for two to be comfortable for weeks or months on the trail. It’s also an extremely packable and adaptable shelter. Use the Mesh House on its own for bug-free protection—a necessity in the High Sierras—or pair it with the Thru-Hiker 70 (sold separately) for added wind and rain coverage. Whatever the trail—AT, PCT, CDT or TBD—this shelter system lets you configure the right combination of weight and protection that’s right for your trip, and any section along the way.
- Sleeps: 2
- Min Weight: 14 oz.
- Size: 84″ x 52″ x 38″, 30 sq ft
- Fly: 20D ripstop nylon 1,200 mm Durashield™ polyurethane & silicone
- Floor: 15D Ripstop Nylon 1200mm Durashield™ polyurethane & DWR
- Mesh: 10D polyester micro-mesh
- Footprint: 68D Taffeta Polyester 1200mm polyurethane & DWR
- Doors: 1